Sawal Hamid Md Ali, Ph.D.
Associate Professor at the Department of Electrical, Electronics and System Engineering, University Kebangsaan Malaysia
Short Biography: Sawal Hamid Md Ali is an Associate Professor at the Department of Electrical, Electronics and System Engineering, University Kebangsaan Malaysia. Dr. Sawal received bachelor degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering from University Putra Malaysia, Master degree in Microelectronic System Design and Ph.D degree in electrical and electronics specializing in System Optimization from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom. Dr. Sawal’s works on system integration and embedded system have been published in several high-quality conference proceedings and journals. He has authored and co-authored more than 100 publications and has been granted patents on human emotion recognition system and low-cost air quality monitoring system. He was actively involved in the development of Malaysia’s Economic Transformation Program in 2010 under Electrical and Electronic sector. In 2015, he was appointed as the consultant for the Malaysia Mega Science Framework 2013-2050 under the Academy of Sciences Malaysia. He was a consultant for 2017 Malaysia’s Science Outlook, a report published by Academy of Sciences Malaysia. He was appointed as the subject matter expert by Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology for Malaysia Science, Technology, and Innovation Index (MCOSTII) in 2018
Highlight of Professional Experiences
- Consultant for Malaysia’s Economic Transformation Program (ETP) for Electric and Electronic sector.
- Subject matter expert for Mega Science Studies for Sustained National Development (2013-2050) for Electric and Electronic sector.
- Leading a project study on the development of Wearable device for automatic ingestion monitoring with the University of Alabama, USA.
- Subject matter expert for Malaysia Composite Science and Technology Innovation Index (MCOSTII) study.
- ASEAN-US Science and Technology Fellow 2016-2017.
- Consultant for Malaysia Science Outlook 2017.
- Senior Guest Scientist at the multidisciplinary lab at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy.
- Consultant at Pulmodyne Inc. and Engineered Medical Systems Inc. for the development of Vibrating Mesh Nebulizer.