We are pleased to invite you to contribute a chapter for the forthcoming book “Nutrition in Brain Aging and Dementia” which will be published by Springer Nature under the Nutritional Neuroscience Series (https://www.springer.com/series/16639).
Dr. Nasrollah Moradikor, Ph.D.
Research Director and Head of Brain Aging and Dementia Group, International Center for Neuroscience Research, Institute for Intelligent Research, Tbilisi, Georgia
Dr. Indranath Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Engineering, Tongmyong University, Busan, South Korea
Dr. Wael Mohamed, MD, Ph.D.
Departement of Basic Medical Sciences, Kulliyyah of Medicine, International Islamis University, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
Scope of the Book:
This book provides a thorough examination of the crucial connection between diet, cognitive aging, and dementia. It dives into the complex area of neurology, illuminating different forms of dementia, their underlying pathophysiology, and the risk factors related to them. The symptoms, diagnoses, and therapies for dementia will be explained to readers, who will also learn how important nutrition is for maintaining brain health and preventing dementia. The book also offers evidence-based advice for physicians, researchers, nutritionists, and healthcare professionals in this quickly developing sector, as it gives a variety of dietary tactics for controlling dementia.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
PART-I Introduction to Dementia:
– Pathophysiology of Dementia
– Genetic and Non-Genetic Risk Factors for Dementia
– Symptoms and Diagnosis of Dementia
– Biomarkers in Dementia Research
– Neurocognitive Aspects of Dementia
PART-II Nutrition and Brain Health:
– Impact of Dietary Protein on Dementia Risk
– Micronutrients for Dementia Prevention
– Exploring Superfoods in Dementia Prevention
– Vitamins and their Role in Dementia Prevention
– Natural Antioxidants and Their Influence on Dementia
– Alterations in Trace Elements and Dementia
– Carotenoids in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
– Probiotic Agents for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
– Traditional Herbal Medicine for Dementia Therapy
PART-III Treatment Approaches for Dementia:
– Pharmacological Treatments for Dementia
– Non-Pharmacological Approaches for Dementia Management
PART-IV Nutritional Strategies for Dementia Care:
– Importance of Nutritional Support in Dementia
– Dietary Recommendations for Managing Dementia
Chapter Preparation & Submission Guidelines:
Please download the chapter preparation guidelines from HERE.
Chapter Submission Deadline: December 31, 2023