We are pleased to invite you to contribute a chapter for the forthcoming book “Emerging Frontiers in Translational Neurodegeneration: Integrating Neuroimaging, Computational Neuroscience, and AI for Diagnosis and Beyond” which will be published by CRC PRESS under the Series of TRANSLATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE OF NEURODEGENERATIVE DISORDERS.
Book Series Editor: Dr. Wael Mohamed, MD, Ph.D.
Dr. Indranath Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Engineering, Tongmyong University, Busan, South Korea
Dr. Nasrollah Moradikor, Ph.D.
Research Director and Head of Brain Aging and Dementia Group, International Center for Neuroscience Research, Institute for Intelligent Research, Tbilisi, Georgia
Scope of the Book:
In an increasingly aging world, the burden of neurodegenerative disorders is becoming a paramount concern in modern healthcare. With conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other neurodegenerative ailments affecting millions of individuals worldwide, there is an urgent need for innovative approaches to understand, diagnose, and potentially treat these complex disorders. The proposed edited book volume, “Emerging Frontiers in Translational Neurodegeneration: Integrating Neuroimaging, Computational Neuroscience, and AI for Diagnosis and Beyond,” stands as a pioneering initiative to confront this challenge head-on.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Section I: Foundations of Translational Neuroscience in Neurodegeneration
– Introduction to Translational Neuroscience of Neurodegenerative Disorders
– Neuroimaging Techniques for Studying Neurodegenerative Disorders
Section II: Computational Neuroscience and AI in Understanding Neurodegeneration
– Computational Models of Neurodegenerative Diseases
– Machine Learning Applications in Neuroimaging Analysis
Section III: Clinical Implications and Therapeutic Approaches
– Precision Medicine in Neurodegenerative Disorders
– Therapeutic Strategies for Neurodegenerative Diseases
– AI in Drug Discovery and Repurposing for Neurodegenerative Disorders
Section IV: Technological Innovations and Patient Impact
– Innovations in Neurorehabilitation and Assistive Technologies
– Ethical Considerations in AI Implementation for Neurodegenerative Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
Section V: Specific Neurodegenerative Disorders and Societal Impact
– Neurodegenerative Disorders: Alzheimer’s Disease
– Neurodegenerative Disorders: Parkinson’s Disease and Parkinsonian Syndromes
– Neurodegenerative Disorders: Frontotemporal Dementia, ALS, and Huntington’s Disease
– Other Neurodegenerative Disorders
Section VI: Policy Implications and Societal Impact
– Patient Perspectives and Quality of Life in Neurodegenerative Disorders
– Policy Implications and Societal Impact of Neurodegenerative Disorders
Chapter Submission Deadline: December 31, 2023
Chapter Preparation & Submission Guidelines:
The chapter should be between 20-40 pages.
An abstract of 250 to 300 words should be submitted in a separate document.
Include figures/tables in the chapter only if necessary. Please do not include them to complement the text.