It is a pleasure to welcome you to “Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022”. The Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022 will be held on 12-14 August 2022 by International Center for Neuroscience Research in Georgia. The symposium will be held simultaneously with the Women’s Neuroscience Festival and supported by the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO).
Scientific evidence shows that gender bias still exists in neuroscience. Female neuroscientists are still underrepresented in various aspects of academic life, and gender imbalances have recently been reported in neuroscience citations, raising concerns about the correct evaluation of women’s contributions in science. Women in Neuroscience Symposium aimed to highlight the significance of the contributions of women in recent neuroscientific advances and acknowledge the difficulties and challenges that may have encountered during their scientific careers. This symposium is for a diverse academic audience and we hope that our lectures will help women to move forward in their academic careers and encourage men to support the change needed in this field. On behalf of the scientific committee, we would like to invite MDs, Masters, Ph.D. students, Postdoctoral fellows and young faculty members to participate and present their research at the Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022.
We look forward to welcoming you to “Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022”
Organizer & Chair:
Dr. Nasrollah Moradi-kor, Ph.D. (Research Director, International Center for Neuroscience Research, Institute for Intelligent Research, Tbilisi, Georgia)
Dr. Wael Mohamed, MD, Ph.D. (Department of Basic Medical Science, Medical School, International Islamic University Malaysia, Selayang, Malaysia)
1- Prof. Dr. Soheila Karimi, Ph.D.
Professor, Physiology and Pathophysiology, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada
2- Prof. Dr. Illana Gozes, Ph.D.
Director, the Elton Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University; (Secretary, European Society for Neurochemistry)
3- Prof. Dr. Dimitra Mangoura, Ph.D.
Vice Director, Basic Research Center of the Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Greece; (ESN Council member)
4- Prof. Dr. Sharmili Vidyadaran, Ph.D.
Neuroinflammation Group, Immunology Unit, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia.
5- Prof. Dr. Irma Khachidze, Ph.D.
Department of Behavior and Cognitive Functions and Human psychophysiology, I.Beritashvili Center of Experimental Biomedicine, Tbilisi, Georgia
6- Prof. Dr. Kiranmai S Rai, Ph.D.
Professor and Coordinator, Division of Physiology, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India
7- Associate Prof. Dr. Jee Hyun Kim, Ph.D.
Deakin University, IMPACT, The Institute for Mental and Physical Health and Clinical Translation, School of Medicine, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia
8- Associate Prof. Dr. Huong Ha, Ph.D.
“Head, Brain Health Lab” Chair, Department of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, School of Biomedical Engineering, International University, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam National University”
9- Associate Prof. Dr. Zurina Hassan, Ph.D.
Centre for Drug Research, Universiti Sains Malaysia
Psychiatrische und Psychotherapeutische Klinik, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
10- Associate Prof. Dr. Tomoko Soga , Ph.D.
Neuroscience unit, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia
11- Associate Prof. Dr. Azlina Ahmad Annuar, Ph.D.
Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
12- Dr. Livia Tomova, Ph.D.
Henslow Research Fellow, Director of Studies for Psychological and Behavioural Studies, Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
13- Dr. Natalia Nalivaeva, Ph.D.
Leeds University, UK/Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, Saint Petersburg Russia (Past President ESN)
14- Dr. Sara Grassi, Ph.D.
Università degli Studi di Milano (Chair, Young Scientists Steering Committee, YSSC, ESN)
15- Dr. Serena Stanga, Ph.D.
Brain Development and Disease, Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi, Department of Neuroscience, Università degli studi di Torino, Italy
16- Dr. Prachi Srivastava, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, AMITY Institute of Biotechnology, AMITY University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow, UP, India
17- Dr. Sangeeta Pilkhwal Sah, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor (Pharmacology Division), University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UGC Centre of Advanced Study (UGC-CAS), Panjab University, India
18- Dr. Tetiana Kachynska, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Human and Animal Physiology Department, Lessya Ukrainka Volyn National University, Lutsk, Ukraine
Registration & Abstract Submission:
The scientific committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for presentation at the Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022. All abstracts must be submitted in English, and all presentations must be given in English. We would like to highlight female contributions to Neuroscience and strongly encourage all female participants to submit their abstracts for presentation at Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022.
“Recent Advances in Basic and Clinical Research in Neuroscience”
“Gender Gap in Research: Women’s Insights in Neuroscience”
“Gender Diversity and New Discoveries in Neuroscience”
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- The abstract should be in plain text without any special symbol, formula, diagram or data table.
- Title: Limited to a maximum of 200 characters. Do NOT use CAPITAL letters for the title.
- Abstract text: Abstract body text is limited to a maximum of 500 words (including title, authors, affiliations, abstract text, and keywords).
- Keywords: Maximum of 5 keywords separated by semicolons (;) which best describe the study should be added at the end of the abstract text.
- Details of the corresponding/presenting author: family name, initial(s), institute, university, city, country and e-mail.
- Details of all co-authors: family name, initial(s), institute, university, city, country.
- Abstracts should be submitted through email to ([email protected])
- The deadline for abstract submission is July 30, 2022. Abstracts arriving after this date will not be accepted!
- The receipt of your abstract will be confirmed by email. If you do not receive any confirmation by email within 24 hours after submission, please contact the secretariat ([email protected]).
- Abstracts will be subjected to peer review by members of the Scientific Committee.
- All notifications will be sent to the e-mail address of the corresponding author provided during the abstract submission.
All participants must pay the registration fee. For each paper/poster, at least one author must attend and pay the registration fee. The registration fee must be paid online.
- Regular delegate: 150$
- Students & ICNR members: 100$
- Group registration discount: 75$ (attend as a group of 5 or more participants)
- Registration discount for IBRO and FENS members: %50 off
Registration fees include:
- Admission to scientific sessions
- Admission to workshops
- Oral/Poster Presentation
- Certificate of Attendance/Presentation
- CASRP Science Certificate (UK International Certificate)
- Publishing & indexing the abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be indexed on EuroPub database and all participants will receive international certificate from CASRP Company in UK.
- Institute for Intelligent Research
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Georgian Neuroscience Association
- Neuroscience Network
- Science Beam
For all inquiries about Women in Neuroscience Symposium 2022, please contact us at: [email protected]
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Address: 1, Chavchavadze Ave., 0179 Tbilisi, Georgia