Welcome to NEURO-ART Competition 2023
The International Neuroscience Conference (NEURO 2023) in collaboration with the International Center for Neuroscience Research is delighted to announce the NeuroART 2023, a competition with images related to neuroscience. You are invited to show the artistic world behind neuroscience!
Application Deadline: 30 September, 2023
- Each artistic work can be submitted by one or more authors. The main author needs to be registered for the NEURO 2023 conference. Each applicant can submit a maximum of two creations.
- The artistic works should be either original scientific-related images (photos, images, drawings, paintings, compositions…) related to the Nervous System not awarded previously in other scientific or artistic contests.
- Images must be accompanied by an application form which includes the applicant’s details, a brief title, author/s names, and an explanatory text of a maximum of 50 words.
- Image format: tiff, jpg, pdf, minimum 300 ppi.
- All images will be carefully evaluated by the NEURO 2023 committee, and approved by the ICNR executive board.
- There will be a pre-selection of the 10 best images, based on their: 1) Originality and artistic value; 2) Technique and quality; 3) Research communication and outreach potential.
- The 10 pre-selected images will be presented by participants at the NEURO 2023 conference, during which they should present a brief and easy-to-follow summary of their image.
Benefits and awards:
All benefits/awards will be given to the main applicant and not to the additional contributing authors but all authors will be mentioned in the awarded certificates.
Before the NEURO 2023 Conference:
- Images/videos will be used in the ICNR and NEURO 2023 social media.
During the NEURO 2023 Conference:
- ‘Live’ images/videos will be displayed on the screens of different rooms during breaks. They will also be used on ICNR and NEURO 2023 social media.
- The 10 pre-selected candidates will receive an award certificate during the NEURO-ART Awards Ceremony.
- Awarded images (3 images) will be used as covers for Life Neuroscience Journal (NeuroLife).
- The 3 winners will receive a distinction (award certificate and free conference registration).
Helen Shafiee-Pour, Pharm.D
For all inquiries about NEURO-ART, please contact the competition secretary: